This procedure is subject to Clinical Thresholds and will be funded if the following conditions apply:
The following treatments are not routinely funded:
- Laser lumbar Discectomy
- Endoscopic laser foraminoplasty
- Percutaneous endoscopic laser thoracic Discectomy
- Endoscopic division of epidural adhesions
- Percutaneous intradiscal electrothermal therapy
- Inter-spinous spacers
- Lumbar disc replacement and
- ’Soft stabilisation’
An IFR form must be submitted for all patients being considered for any procedures listed above.
Patients requiring Lumbar Decompression due to Spinal Stenosis are exempt from this policy.
|Latest Review date
|8 March 2018
||Agreed pre 1 April 2013
|Next Review date