Not Routinely Funded
The following treatments are not routinely funded:
- Laser lumbar Discectomy
- Endoscopic laser foraminoplasty
- Percutaneous endoscopic laser thoracic Discectomy
- Endoscopic division of epidural adhesions
- Percutaneous intradiscal electrothermal therapy
- Inter-spinous spacers
- Lumbar disc replacement and
- ‘Soft stabilisation’
An IFR Form must be submitted for all patients being considered for any of the procedures listed above.
Patients requiring Lumbar Decompression due to Spinal Stenosis are exempt from this policy.
|20 August 2019
|Next Review date