Patient Information (NHS England) - Injections for non-specific low back pain without sciatica patient leaflet
Not Routinely Funded
The following treatments are not routinely funded:
- Laser lumbar Discectomy
- Endoscopic laser foraminoplasty
- Percutaneous endoscopic laser thoracic Discectomy
- Endoscopic division of epidural adhesions
- Percutaneous intradiscal electrothermal therapy
- Inter-spinous spacers
- Lumbar disc replacement and
- ‘Soft stabilisation’
An IFR Form must be submitted for all patients being considered for any of the procedures listed above.
Patients requiring Lumbar Decompression due to Spinal Stenosis are exempt from this policy.
||8 March 2018
||Agreed pre 1 April 2013.
|Next Review date